ST. PETERSBURG, Fla.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–May 15, 2000
HSNi will generate off-network sales and drive traffic to HSN-TV and HSN.com
Home Shopping Network (HSN), America’s pioneer electronic retailer, today announced the formation of its new Interactive division — HSNi.
The Company’s interactive division will further HSN’s leadership in TV and Internet convergence, build incremental revenue streams on alternate channels of distribution and drive traffic to HSN TV and HSN.com through cross-promotion.
“The dot com community has painfully learned how expensive and difficult it is to drive traffic and be profitable,” said Mark Bozek, President and CEO of HSN. “HSN.com was profitable in its first three months, and the creation of HSNi will allow us to concurrently extend our brand equity, generate incremental off-network sales and efficiently drive traffic to our core business.”
joins HSNi as Chief Technology Officer, from Tunes.com Inc. Mr. Mitchell has designed and developed many online transactional businesses including RollingStone.com, TheSource.com, Tunes.com, and Emusic.com. He has designed proprietary technology and specific processes for web-casting, mass media encoding, CD identification, meta searches and revolutionary user preference profiling techniques. In his new role, Mr. Mitchell will advance the current technical infrastructure supporting strategic convergence initiatives and better leverage online transactional opportunities.
Home Shopping Network (www.hsn.com), a division of USA Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq:USAI), pioneered the electronic retailing industry in 1977. Its 24-hour programming reaches more than 74 million households through broadcast, cable and satellite dishes. In 1999, the network launched HSN.com, the Internet’s ultimate shopping experience that fully integrates content, community and commerce with HSN television programming. The Company holds interest in shopping channels in Germany and Japan, and produces Home Shopping en Espanol. In 1999, the Company generated $1.2 billion in sales, received more than 68 million sales and customer service calls, shipped more than 34 million packages and currently services a growing customer base of more than 5 million.
- BSA Satellink Announces Acquisition of Clear Blue Interactive, Key Management Changes, Planned Name Change, and Board Additions
- BSA Satellink transforms itself into the Affluence Corporation, a direct marketing company aggregating the largest organization of the world’s most affluent people. PALM HARBOR, Fla.,...
- Online Innovators Endeavor to Expand Internet
- Palm Harbor, Fla. (PRWEB) May 28, 2008 — Clear Blue Interactive, the innovative technology company aimed at leveraging collaboration technologies and “wiki” community principles to...
- THK’s Leadership Resignations to Usher in Stronger THK Integrations?
- THK’s Leadership Resignations to Usher in Stronger THK Integrations? Here is a PDF copy of the article. I heard about the changes in THK leadership this...
- Microsoft Announces New Business Positioning Focused on Enterprise Customers
- Link to PDF version of this press release. Launches $200 Million U.S. Advertising Campaign Around 'Software for the Agile Business' REDMOND, Wash., Jan. 22 /PRNewswire/...
- Affluence Corporation (Pink Sheets: AFFU) Announces Completion of Name Change and New Ticker Symbol
- Affluence Corporation (Pink Sheets: AFFU) (www.Affluence.org the “Company”), the leading integrated multimedia hub of the world’s wealthiest people, today announced shareholder approval and completion of...