is responsible for the creation of several high profile online businesses including Think Partnership Inc, Cherish Inc and HSN.com and was the head technology officer for Tunes.com, TheSource.com, RollingStone.com, and DownBeatJazz.com. Playing a lead role in building high profile online businesses is what Scott Mitchell is best known for.
Scott Mitchell was born and raised in Chicago. Scott was an advanced student in junior high school. It was decided he would skip high school and go to college (university). By the time Scott was 21, he had reached the astonishing achievement of three masters degrees and two bachelor degrees.
Scott Mitchell occupied an important leadership role in Internet based businesses for more than a decade.
He began working at Arthur Andersen as a technology consultant and quickly was quickly promoted through the ranks until he become the youngest aged Associate Partner in Arthur Andersen’s history.
He left Arthur Andersen after completing a $25 Million dollar project for America Online (AOL) to become Chief Technology Officer of Tunes.com, helping to make it into one of the leading internet music destination networks.
After selling Tunes.com to EMusic.com for $180M in 1999, Scott Mitchell started HSN.com, the online presence for Home Shopping Network(HSN). Home Shopping Networks two previous e-commerce (web shops) initiatives failed.
Scott Mitchell in under two years built HSN.com from nothing into a $250M revenue a year business. In early 2002, Mitchell decided to focus most of his efforts on an internet dating website he created, Cherish.
In late 2004, Mitchell merged Think Partnership and Cherish, currently he is CEO and President of ThinkPartnership.
- Microsoft Steve Ballmer and Scott Mitchell Speech
- Scott Mitchell and Steve Ballmer Speech Transcript – Enterprise .Net Launch MR. BALLMER: Thank you all very much.We’re delighted that you could join us, whether...
- Professional Bio
- Scott has played a key leadership role in innovative technology and Internet based businesses for over a decade. Most recently, Scott founded and served as...
- THK’s Leadership Resignations to Usher in Stronger THK Integrations?
- THK’s Leadership Resignations to Usher in Stronger THK Integrations? Here is a PDF copy of the article. I heard about the changes in THK leadership this...
- Home Shopping Network Announces Formation Of HSNi A New Interactive Division to Further Its Leadership Position in TV and Internet Convergence
- Home Shopping Network Announces Formation Of HSNi A New Interactive Division to Further Its Leadership Position in TV and Internet Convergence ST. PETERSBURG, Fla.–(BUSINESS...
- Online Innovators Endeavor to Expand Internet
- Palm Harbor, Fla. (PRWEB) May 28, 2008 — Clear Blue Interactive, the innovative technology company aimed at leveraging collaboration technologies and “wiki” community principles to...